I got checked for Coronavirus Antibodies and am sharing my experience and information on what antibody test I took. before I got the test I hadn’t heard of any individual else I knew being checked for anti-bodies. So I didn’t know what to expect and the descriptions of the test I heard on a podcast were very different from my test experience.
Please note: The posts, audio and video shared by the author here as well as on social media are not intended as medical recommendations in any way. always check with your doctor(s) when making decisions that impact your health. If you feel sick or suspect you may be sick seek proper medical treatment.
Okay. now let’s talk testing.
Coronavirus Antibody test – My Experience
I took the Covid19 Antibody Test. Here’s how it went and the results!
0 seconds of 5 minutes, 19 seconds
Marathon training Day 1
facebook twitter email pinterest Linkhttps://runeatrepeat.com/i-took-the-covid19-antibody-test-all-you-got-is-this-lousy-blog/Copied
Why I wanted to get the test:
I’ve been thinking about getting the Covid-19 antibody test for a long time. When the virus first started being described in the news and on social media there were multiple similarities between the Coronavirus symptoms and my symptoms from what I thought was the flu in January.
1. two healthy people I know got very sick for a very long time this season >>> My brother & a friend got the ‘flu’ very bad this year. Both of these people are young, healthy men and were very sick FOR WEEKS (unheard of for both of them).
2. I got a flu shot & still got sick in January >>> I got a flu shot this year and still got sick after being around my brother. and before this I don’t remember the last time I got sick.
3. I think I was infected by means of breathing in close proximity to a sick person. >>> I’m 98% sure I got it from my brother. I knew he was sick when I stopped over to visit my nieces so I was very careful about washing my hands. I did NOT touch him at all. So I think I got sick by him through just being in the same space.
4. I had a dry cough >>> I remember having a very dry cough that was so hard to kick. I coughed into a towel for days because I thought the neighbors would think I was choking. Alvorlig.
5. It was much easier for me to go than any individual else in my family. >>> My brother is an essential worker so he’s still going to work full time and has a family. considering that we suspected that I got sick from him… if I had the antibodies he was likely to have them too. and I have a lot more time during lab hours to take the test – so it was much easier for me to go.
All that combined to make me think that I may have actually had the Coronavirus in January.
LabCorp Covid19 Antibody test
I got the ANTIBODY test – NOT the test to see if I have Coronavirus ideal now. The antibody test checks to see if someone had it previously. If you’ve been exposed to the virus (whether you were sick OR never felt sick) – your body a lot of likely would’ve created antibodies in response.
I got the test through LabCorp. It was recommended by someone very smart and very thorough about researching anything science or math related.
At first the tests were over $150 so I hesitated paying that out of pocket – especially considering that they’re not 100% accurate.
But the testing has went down substantially in price and when I heard it was about $10 I made a decision to do it.
Check with your doctor for a lot more information.
“Serology testing, also known as coronavirus antibody testing, can check for different types of antibodies developed after exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19. This type of COVID-19 test is for individuals who think they may have previously had COVID-19 and do not currently have symptoms. Note: antibody testing must not be used as the sole basis to diagnose or exclude infection.“
This Antibody Test:
The test I took is for antibodies – NOT the virus. So it’s for people who think they already had it – not for any individual with active health problem or symptoms.
It was a complete blood sample – not finger prick.
It took 3 full days to receive the results – not 15 minutes like the ‘instant’ ones.
My results are at the end of the video.
LabCorp information – What test is ideal for You?
LabCorp Antibody testing – Information, details on the test and more.
Check with your doctor for a lot more information and to learn what is best for you.
Keep opting for these:
Running Hack to stay healthy during Outbreak
Confession… Quarantine Edition
What I eat in a Day for Runners
Best Mascara for long Thick Lashes Review
Follow @RunEatRepeat on Instagram for a lot more running and eating updates!
You’ll find Running Tips, Recipes and a lot more on RunEatRepeat.com
Send mig projektmappen
4SaveDeling er omsorgsfuld!